Thursday, May 10, 2012

Biscornu: Let's Try This Again, Shall We?


This second gift is for my next SIL, the museum-loving one. This is another biscornu design by Emily over at The Floss Box (and HOPEfully, I can get the biscornu right this time!)


I’m pretty sure this is another Christmas design, too. Why do I seem to gravitate towards Christmas designs? It’s bizarre.


I chose some khaki Aida to stitch this on, and I decided to have a little fun with DMC 115 on this one, substituting it for the normal red floss it called for. And notice how big the margins are this time? Keeping my fingers crossed that this one comes together better than my last one did!

Hope your biscornus turn out lovely too,

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hello there Sarah! Thanks for joining my blog!! I love this sweet little design you are making for your SIL!!! If you don't have a link to a tutorial to make one, here's a decent one!!

http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/biscornu.htm

Once you make one, biscornus become easy to make (I'm making my 3rd one!!)

Milly said...

Hello Sarah

Just found your blog.

Your biscornu looks beautiful, a lovely pressie for your SIL.

Happy weekend!